Modern marketing is all about identifying and meeting human and social needs. This one-day Marketing 101 Workshop is designed to inform and inspire, using research-based insights to get you thinking about solving customer (stakeholder, member, donor, client) problems in new ways and delivering greater value.
There are eternal truths in marketing that still hold and haven’t changed for decades. By attending to the fundamentals and ignoring the fads, we can focus more closely on what you need to know and how it plays an essential role in public sector and not-for-profit sector marketing. You will learn how to spot opportunities, avoid pitfalls, and incorporate new perspectives into your plan. Throughout this process, you will become familiar with the language of marketing and the diverse tactical tools used to create and deliver value.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is for thinkers and doers – open-minded directors, managers and officers who want to implement and drive innovation at work. You will benefit from this workshop if you:
- Are new to the marketing profession
- Have recently been promoted and need to interact with marketer
- Have taken on marketing responsibilities
- Need marketing skills for career advancement
- Want to brush-up on your marketing knowledge
- Marketing Overview: Role of marketing and the marketing concept,
- Context: The unique challenges faced by public sector and not-for-profit marketers,
- Target Marketing: Segmentation, targeting and positioning,
- Branding: Impact of Branding, Brand Framework,
- Marketing Mix: Product development, branding, packaging, pricing, distribution, advertising, public relations, personal selling and sales promotion,
- Marketing Metrics: Measuring the direct and indirect impact of marketing efforts,
- Marketing Trends: Social media, event, partnership and cause-related marketing.
Participants will be provided with a copy of the presentation as well as Worksheets to apply concepts learned to their own environment.