Awareness. Are you getting tired of hearing that word? Don’t you want to move to something more substantial like changing people’s attitudes and behaviours? Surely it is time to move from public education and awareness campaigns to motivate people to get engaged and take action.
The brutal fact is awareness alone does not lead people to change their attitudes or behaviours. If you want a target audience to adopt a specific lifestyle or support your program or cause, you have to go beyond making people aware. You need to start using components of behavioural psychology and strategic social marketing to stimulate attitude and behaviour change.
This workshop has been designed for leaders involved in communications and outreach strategies. It will be very relevant if you are influencing attitudes and behaviours to improve health, prevent injuries, protect the environment, prepare citizens for emergencies, or any other current critical issues.
By attending this workshop, you will save countless hours of planning time and learn proven techniques for launching a successful campaign to change attitudes and behaviours. You will learn how you can develop a social marketing strategy on your own, all in one day!
You will learn:
- How to use a step-by-step, structured approach to prepare a social marketing plan that is actionable, has maximum impact, and leads to successful implementation;
- How to present and “sell” your social marketing strategy to management;
- How to implement a social marketing program on a very tight budget;
- How to monitor and evaluate your inputs/outputs, outcomes and impacts;
- How social marketing gives you a single approach: for mobilizing communities; influencing the media; activating key stakeholders; and building strategic alliances with business.